Home

Friday, April 1, 2011

Purple Confetti

Happy April 1st!

Once again a couple of my nails were victim to some polish damage and instead of just fixing them I did a brand new manicure instead. I know most manicures are supposed to last a week but so far the longest I’ve gone is four days. What can I say, I get bored.

I had a difficult time trying to come up with a look I wanted to do. There are a bunch of things coming in the mail for me from Ebay and a lot of the looks I have in mind need my purchases. (I purchased some dotting tools, detailing brushes, rhinestones, nail stickers, nail art polishes, etc.) Therefore I am working with basic nail polishes for the moment. (I am not trying to say that it’s impossible to do your nails without these tools, but for what I have in mind it would make the job a whole lot easier.)

The look I have created is below. I really like the look of a diagonal swipe across the nail, so you probably remember seeing a similar look from my first blog post. I apologize for the poor picture, however this look was very difficult to capture on camera.


This look consists of 2 coats of a medium, glossy purple polish (no glitter), with a diagonal swipe in a darker purple shade. Over top of the diagonal swipe is a multi-coloured glitter polish. I finished off with a durable top coat.

Base Coat: Sally Hansen - Hard As Nails in ‘Clear’
Medium Purple: L.A. Colors - Color Craze in ‘Nuclear Energy’ NP417
Dark Purple: L.A. Colors - Nail Lacquer in ‘Purple Ice’ NP121
Glitter Polish: Wet n Wild - Fast Dry in ‘Party of Five Glitters’ 238C
Top Coat: Sinful Colors Professional in ‘Nail Hardener’ 03

If you have any suggestions for me let me know in the comments and I’d be glad to give it a try for you!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!