Home

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nail Look: A Pop of Colour

My shift at work got cancelled and in my boredom I came up with the new nail look you see below. I’m very excited about it because it uses my favourite colour (pink) and, of course, glitter! If you like this type of look please read below where I detail how I achieved it. Feel free to use your favourite colours for this look. Let’s begin!


1. I started with a nail strengthening base coat and let it dry for 5 minutes. 
(Sally Hansen - Hard As Nails in ‘Clear’)

2. I painted a diagonal swipe using the lighter of my two colours (pink). Starting at mid-nail move the brush towards the center tip in an upward stroke. Allow this to dry for 5 minutes. 
 (L.A . Colors - Color Craze in ‘Electric Charge’ NP405)

*On my left hand the pink stroke is on the right side of the nail, on the right hand the pink is on the left. This is way your nails mirror each other when they are done.

 3. Using your darker colour (black) follow the same motion on the opposite side of your nail. It's important that you take your time with this step because the darker colour is less forgiving of mistakes. Let dry for 5 minutes.
(L.A. Colors - Nail Lacquer in 'Black Velvet' NP136)

4. *OPTIONAL* Add a glitter polish to the painted tips to add extra dimension and shine. Let dry for 5 minutes.
(Wet n Wild - Wild Shine in 'Hallucinate' 469)

5. Apply a generous top coat to your manicure and the free edge of your nail. (The free edge is the outside edge of your nail.) This keeps your manicure looking pristine for days. Re-apply your topcoat every other day to keep it looking shiny and to prevent any chips. Wait 10-15 minutes before using your hands to prevent smudges.

NOTE: This look was done using a free-handed method. If you have shaky hands you can tape off the section of nail you want to paint and when it is dry, peel the tape off. Re-tape the next side and do the same until the look is desired.

Well that's it for this look. I hope you enjoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I love this look so much! Hard to picture when we were on the phone but this is awesome. I think I'm going to try this one with two purple shades (pale purple and violet). How funky!! Fav look so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome ashley! Pink & black are my fav colors, so I will have to give this a try! xoxo

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & comment, it means a lot! All your lovely comments are moderated so I can read each & every sweet thing you have to say. :)

COMMENTS WITH ANY URL WILL BE DELETED!